bug on the LFS's news page

Emmanuel Trillaud etrillaud at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 15:17:51 PDT 2009

> The double printing looks to be caused because of certain SVN commits
> were made to both SVN Trunk and to the 6.5 Branch. This will be looked
> into to prevent duplicates from being printed when it was applied
> cross-branch seeing we don't (yet) list which branch a commit belongs
> to on the news.html pages. Maybe we should display the branch's or
> trunk's name for extra clarity.
Even if this double commits are rare (I guess they only appens when you are
close to a release), it would be clearer if you print the branch concern by the
commit. It's another story, but is there any to merge branches with subversion?
It would avoid those double commits.

> > While I'm here, there is also a problem with the RSS feeds (all the
> > project are concern) :
> > * On the LFS news feed, all the news are pointing to
> > http://www.linuxfromscratch.org//srv/www/working-copy/lfs/news.html
> > which give me a 404 error
> > * the BLFS news are pointing to
> > http://www.linuxfromscratch.org//srv/www/working-copy/blfs/news.html
> > * ...
> Can you elaborate on the problem? Maybe provide the URLs where you see
> this behaviour happening?
Sorry for beeing unclear but I am definitly not a good english writer :)
What I meant is : after I subscribe the LFS feed, all the news
listed in the feed are pointing to
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org//srv/www/working-copy/lfs/news.html
which is not a valid URL.

Best regards