bug on the LFS's news page

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jul 30 14:24:53 PDT 2009

> I just want to report that the last SVN changes on the LFS's news page are
> printed twices. It's not the case on the BLFS's news page.

The double printing looks to be caused because of certain SVN commits
were made to both SVN Trunk and to the 6.5 Branch. This will be looked
into to prevent duplicates from being printed when it was applied
cross-branch seeing we don't (yet) list which branch a commit belongs to
on the news.html pages. Maybe we should display the branch's or trunk's
name for extra clarity.

> While I'm here, there is also a problem with the RSS feeds (all the
> project are concern) :
> * On the LFS news feed, all the news are pointing to
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org//srv/www/working-copy/lfs/news.html which
> give me a 404 error
> * the BLFS news are pointing to
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org//srv/www/working-copy/blfs/news.html
> * ...

I'm looking at http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/news.html now. The
"RSS Feed" link top left points to
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/feed.rss
When I look at http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/news.html The "RSS
Feed" link is correctly pointed to
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/feed.rss

Can you elaborate on the problem? Maybe provide the URLs where you see
this behaviour happening?

Gerard