torrent download

jonathan jonathan.schluessler at gmx.de
Sun Mar 25 13:57:47 PDT 2007

Hi,

I've noticed that all the listed torrents on the LFS download page are
dead. The ftp server I tried was way to slow and it took me some hours
to download the lfs-packages-6.2.tar file. So I got the idea to create a
new .torrent for having a faster way of downloading the
lfs-packages-6.2.tar file and for all the torrent nerds.

I've created this torrent on the probably biggest torrent page for linux
torrents (www.linuxtracker.org). You can find this torrent here:
http://linuxtracker.org/torrents-details.php?id=3806

If you agree to this torrent and so it would be nice to add a link to
the new version on your download page. And it would be nice to have some
additional seeders there. I'll seed it if my computer is online but
thats not 24/7 and my upload speed is limited to 72 KB/s.

Another thing is the speed of the listed FTP/HTTP servers. I've chosen
the fastest server ftp://ftp.planetmirror.com/pub/lfs/  (Brisbane,
Australia, 1Gbps) and as mentioned before it took me some time. I've
heard that the lfs-matrix.net server is much faster though its only
listed with 100Mbps. So maybe it would be useful to add a notice that
the planetmirror.com server is very slow and that people rather should
use the lfs-matrix.net or any other server (I havent tried every server).

greetings,

Jonatan