CSS formatting questions

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 21:38:49 PDT 2007

Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> I've two questions.
>
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/adsense.html
>
> The left menu is attached to the navbar now. It would be nice if the top
> cell containing "LFS Home" can have its top border removed so that the
> top of left menu and the navbar look to be one unit.
>
> How is the navbar constructed? I can see the header.html file does the
> job. But it is rendered in reverse. That is, the first li tag ends up on
> the far right of the nav bar and the bottom element on the far left side.
>
> How is that done? And why is it done in this counter intuitive way?

I was working on an alternative adsens2.html and almost had it and it
got blown away.  Everyting I was working with had a 2 in it.  Did you do
that?

You can do that with css pretty easily.  Just move the leftnav top to
overlap the navbar by the width of the border.  Its the adjustment of
top in the leftnav selector.

  -- Bruce