Subversion Upgrade

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 18 19:51:34 PST 2006

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 11:29:32AM -0500, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> 6) Incrementally dump and load the remaining commits since yesterday,
> using the old and new svnadmins respectively

I don't like the idea of the incremental dumps. First, I see no reason
for it and second I see it as a further possibility for error.

I dumped both blfs and lfs, the largest 2 repos. Both took just under 10
minutes each just now. So take 10 minutes * 12 repos = 2 hours, another
2 for the reload, add 2 hours for searching for all pieces of the
current subversion install and tar them up and remove them and install
the new subversion. That's a 6 hour window for everything, so I cannot
see a reason for incremental dumps.

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch