RFC: Implementing Trac [long]

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 10 13:05:16 PST 2006

On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 08:47:15PM -0500, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> Also, I'm still preferring that we choose option 1, IOW, that we use
> trac for as much as we can, including the main site. There have been a
> couple that have chosen that option, as well. So if we are going to go
> with 2, IOW, only use trac for its other features and keep our static
> site, we'd need several more people commenting on this thread and making
> that choice. :)

So basically you are adding undue weight to your preference make option
2 require much more support that option 1? That seems jaded. First,
let's throw out the facts.

1. The HTML as it stands is basically static.
2. The people who are allowed to edit the pages already have the
   ability.
3. The website is stable and works well.
4. The website includes some already scripted and automated dynamic
   content.
5. Making the main site a wiki requires that we can no longer mirror the
   website.

Now please explain why option 1 is better. For those who may have
forgotten the OP, option one is to use trac for the main site, viewCVS,
and bugzilla. Option 2 is to use trac for viewCVS and bugzilla and leave
the main site's infrastructure in place.

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hlfs