Problems in "Get Counted" page
dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 09:32:54 PDT 2006
On 8/27/06, Chris Staub <chris at beaker67.com> wrote:
> Chris Staub wrote:
> > The clfs-svn option in the "version" drop-down doesn't seem to work. A
> > user in the IRC channel reported he couldn't get his name added to the
> > list after selecting "clfs-svn". I tried the same thing and couldn't get
> > it to work either. The hlfs-svn version should probably also be checked.
> > Also, 6.2 does not appear in the drop-down menu for the "Query" section.
> > Finally, on the Query results page, the link back to the counter is broken.
> The broken link is not just on the Query results page. On the Get
> Counted page itself, the link to the counter is an old link. Also, the
> "Report a Bug" link is the old "bugs.linuxfromscratch.org" address.
Chris, do you know perl much? The counter is written in perl, so it's
hard for me to debug. The problem with clfs-svn, hlfs-svn, etc. is
that they title corresponds to a generic "cvs" value. I think this is
because the script is only generating real values for the numeric
regex's and then lumping everything else into "cvs". If you look at
the HTML source that's generated from the script, you'll see this:
Damn it. Now I also noticed that you can't query for the first LFS
version being 6.2. I don't know what's going on with that. If you want
to look at the script, I can show you where it is on belg, or I can
attach it. The perl is fogging my eyes. I tried to put it under
version control, but the version used on the website doesn't get
updated due to the way the scripts are setup in lizardo's directory.
As for the wrong links on the page, I found the css template, but it's
owned by jhuntwork. Someone with some privelages needs to make it
group writable so I can work on it.
More information about the website