This is the end

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Sep 20 12:19:45 PDT 2005

*Sigh*

Not sure what to say here. It's been a good year or so. A lot has been
accomplished, I hope, for the better. I've learned a great deal from
LFS, and I've had a good time.

It has become clear to me, however, that I need to make a break with
LFS. It has taken over, to an extent, in my life. It have let it crowd
out time for things that should have always been more important.

I will miss this and I'll miss all of the activity and your discussions,
but I'm very decided on this point - I need to leave the project. In
fact, at home I am intending on taking a long break from any computers
whatsoever.

Sorry if this comes as a surprise, or if it causes any hiccups in the
work-flow. I leave ALFS in Thomas's capable hands, he's been doing most
of the work there up to now anyway. Justin and Anderson seem to do just
fine on the website, with Matt's attentive oversight. The livecd (my
child! :( ) - not sure what will happen there. I know Alexander is busy
and I'm not sure if Justin or Thomas have really immersed themselves
enough in it yet to grasp all the intricacies of it, though I'm sure
with time... I leave it to the three of them. Perhaps Gerard or Matt
will help decide on a new leader there. As far as LFS goes, I never was
much of an editor, so, no real loss there... :)

Thanks again - I've enjoyed it immensely.

--
JH