r587 - html/trunk/lfs

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Oct 22 12:29:52 PDT 2005

On Sat, Oct 22, 2005 at 02:03:25PM -0400, Anderson Lizardo wrote:

> That means no RR-DNS for now? I thought lfscounter was kept on
> linuxfromscratch.org mainly because it was guaranteed to have a fixed IP
> even on a future RR-DNS setup for www.

Don't know the details of the commit you are replying to, but RRDNS is
not going to happen because it is the wrong tool for the job. It is
useful for load balancing among servers that share someone close
proximity. There's no reason why someone in Australia should be force to
use a website in the US, and vice versa. The same thing change is being
implemented in ftp, too, as that is where you really don't want a random
server when you can choose a much closer one.

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hlfs