[update-livecd] Website update script failed on Fri Oct 21 21:03:27 MDT 2005

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Oct 22 01:35:02 PDT 2005

Anderson Lizardo wrote:

> Archaic wrote:
>
>>On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 09:03:27PM -0600, Alexander Patrakov wrote:
>>

>>>Command: /home/lizardo/scripts/update-website-hook.sh /home/svn/repositories/livecd 995 update-livecd
>>

>>I'm not sure you have the perms to run that command since it modifies
>>the website.
>

> In this case, it was not a permission problem, but it's possible that
> "svn log" for some reason sent broken/corrupt XML code to svn2html.pl.
> Unfortunately, I could not reproduce the problem, so we will never know
> what happenned here :/ (my advice: update belgarath's svn installation
> ASAP if not done already).

Apologies for not keeping svn up to date on belg.  I believe that both
1.2.x and 1.3.x require a dump/load cycle to get all of the improvements
visibile to us.   As this is a time-consuming operation, which requires
effectively taking the repos down while it's being carried out, I don't
think we want to dump/load twice in short succession.  As such, I think
the most sensible way forward is to upgrade to subversion-1.2.3 without
dumping and loading the repositories.  svn-1.2.x can still serve our
repos in their current format, we just won't get any of the
space-saving/speedup changes that require the new repo format.  We can
then upgrade to subversion-1.3.0, once it's been released (it's almost
at RC stage now), and do a dump/load cycle on all repositories at a time
convenient to their respective editors.

Regards,

Matt.