r341 - scripts/trunk

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jun 29 04:08:47 PDT 2005

Anderson Lizardo wrote:
> So, for adding/removing/editing a news item someone just needs to edit
> the HTML file?
>
> Personally, I have no problem with editing HTML directly or using a tool
> like manage_news2.pl. I just want to simplify things so not just the
> Website Team is capable of posting news. :)
>
> PS: Anyway, manage_news2.pl would still be useful in this case if
> someone don't want to edit the HTML directly: just write the news item
> in plain text and filter it through manage_news2.pl to have the HTML
> snippet to insert on news.html.

Well, then, perhaps we are done for now. ;) I think perhaps we need more
input on this one, especially from those who are going to be
making/editing announcements or news items.  But for now, we can present
the site and drop in a couple of small news items for each project
written directly as HTML. Then we just explain, as you did, the
available options for adding or editing that content and ask them what
they would like to see happen.

What do you guys think?

--
JH