r341 - scripts/trunk

Justin R. Knierim justin at knierim.org
Tue Jun 28 20:59:06 PDT 2005

Anderson Lizardo wrote:
> Please test it some more and send suggestions/comments. Patches are also
> welcome.

Thanks for your work Anderson.

I have a question, and hopefully it won't be too stupid or obvious, but
I am not so familiar with the old website/news/etc.

What are the news items used for besides for the website and rss?  Is
all the work to convert the news items to html really necessary?  Can
they just be entered in html (or some other simple form) from the start
and then slightly modified and added to the news page?

Most of the news items I have seen on the website
(http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/news.html) have been rather simple,
just a block of text and maybe a link or two.  Will news items in the
future be different?

Thanks for any answers and/or hitting me with a clue bat for missing the
obvious.  :)

Justin