r335 - html/trunk scripts/trunk

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jun 26 08:29:33 PDT 2005

jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
> Author: jhuntwork
> Date: 2005-06-26 09:20:23 -0600 (Sun, 26 Jun 2005)
> New Revision: 335
>
> Added:
>    html/trunk/tidy.conf
> Modified:
>    scripts/trunk/rsync-excludes
> Log:
> Added a tidy.conf for the website - useful for spotting malformed tags and making html readable

Hey guys. I added this to the repo because I thought it might be helpful
to run before you commit. If you're on belgarath (or you have html-tidy
installed on your machine) you can do this from the top of the working copy:

for filename in `find . -name "*.html"`; do \
   tidy -config tidy.conf $filename; done

Then, if you want to check the changes before you commit:

svn diff > somefile

and review the changes. It's nice because tidy will error if it finds
broken xml (mismatched or unclosed tags) and it straightens out the html
into nicely indented readable format.

Hope its helpful. Also, if you notice any new errors on beta since I've
made tidied all the html (my commit was too large, r334), that means we
still have to tweak the tidy.conf to do what we want, but I think it's
alright.

--
JH