new errata pages

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jun 26 07:05:26 PDT 2005

Archaic wrote:
> LFS is going to start using errata pages. Currently the book assumes
> /lfs/view/ for the location of errata-{svn,testing,x.y[-preN]}. Of
> course this can be moved according to where the website guys think it is
> most appropriate. For this email, I will assume /lfs/view as well.
>
> /lfs/view
> 	errata-svn
> 	errata-testing  -> errata-svn
> 	errata-x.y
> 	errata-stable   -> errata-x.y
>
> I have attached 2 sample index.html's. One for svn, one for stable.

Sorry, so... what do you want us to do with this? :P

Atm, the beta /lfs/view directory is just synced over from the current
website. All stuff in that directory, I believe, is rendered via cron
jobs. If I just drop anything in there now, I think it will just get
deleted whenever there's an update to the site. So, whenever we make any
transition with the site, we'll have to change how we get the contents
of the view and downloads directories.

--
JH