svn2html improvements

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jun 19 07:51:34 PDT 2005

Hi,

Looking at the debugging messages sent by the post-commit hooks
(currently only enabled for LiveCD aside from www), I see much of the
delay concentrates on the svn2html.pl parsing the XML generated by "svn
log --xml". This happens because, on every run, the script always parses
the latest n log entries instead of only the latest entry.

I'm thinking about using svn log's incremental XML feature to achieve
better performance, reducing the commit delay for most projects to just
a few (1-5) seconds. What do you think?

lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/