What's left on beta that's broken

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jun 15 19:23:57 PDT 2005

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> Anderson Lizardo wrote:
>

>> May I suggest adding the news.html files "statically" on the repository
>> instead of generating them on update-website.mk?
>

> Not sure I get what you mean here. We do want dynamic news pages right?
> And up-to-date changelogs?

Yep, But what I meant was having skeleton news.html for each project
with just SSI #include directives, instead of echoing the news.html page
from the update-website.mk. I'll implement that myself so you get the
point :)

>> I suggest we point all links to
>> http://search.linuxfromscratch.org/index.cgi (dinamically maintained by
>> swish-e itself) instead of /search.html (statically maintained on the
>> repos). Compare the two pages. They look very similar, right? With some
>> more tweaking, we can have index.cgi look exactly to search.html. Also
>> note that currently we have duplicated maintainance, as we have to
>> update both the "mailinglists" file and search.html when we add/remove a
>> new mailing list to the search engine.
>

> I don't mind this for the final implementation, but I did want to see
> how the search forms and results (still haven't sorted the results out
> yet) look in the new css. Any way we can (simply...) have both the old
> css and the new one at the same time, as in, for both the current site
> and beta?

You mean having the current search engine pages changed to the new
layout? No problem for me.

lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/