What's left on beta that's broken

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jun 15 19:03:37 PDT 2005

Anderson Lizardo wrote:

> May I suggest adding the news.html files "statically" on the repository
> instead of generating them on update-website.mk?

Not sure I get what you mean here. We do want dynamic news pages right?
And up-to-date changelogs?

> I suggest we point all links to
> http://search.linuxfromscratch.org/index.cgi (dinamically maintained by
> swish-e itself) instead of /search.html (statically maintained on the
> repos). Compare the two pages. They look very similar, right? With some
> more tweaking, we can have index.cgi look exactly to search.html. Also
> note that currently we have duplicated maintainance, as we have to
> update both the "mailinglists" file and search.html when we add/remove a
> new mailing list to the search engine.

I don't mind this for the final implementation, but I did want to see
how the search forms and results (still haven't sorted the results out
yet) look in the new css. Any way we can (simply...) have both the old
css and the new one at the same time, as in, for both the current site
and beta?

> PS: I suggest we add the checklink script as e.g. a daily cronjob so we
> keep our site free of broken links. I just don't want to do it now, as
> we will be annoyed by broken links we already know are broken :).
> Additionally, the false positives (like the FTP links) can be skipped by
> using the "--exclude-docs" param.

Would help if a mirror decides to drop off without saying anything...

--
JH