What's left on beta that's broken

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jun 14 18:11:14 PDT 2005

Hey Guys,

Anderson, thanks for the checklink script, it works well, though perhaps
a tad verbose. :)

Here's items I collected from the last run of it that is pretty much
what I feel is left to do: (It's a bit long, apologies... My comments
are marked with a ***)

http://beta.linuxfromscratch.org/news.html	Line: 49
   Code: 404 Not Found
  To do: The link is broken. Fix it NOW!

***
You may have noticed that I got the news.html pages for the sub-projects
temporarily in place, albeit they don't really contain news items, but
svn changelogs.  The exceptions are the top-level news as there are no
svn changelogs for that, the website changelogs as I'm not sure where to
put those, and the livecd logs as they weren't being generated in the
fcrontab.  More notes on the livecd news page below.
***

http://search.linuxfromscratch.org/
-> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/search.html	Line: 74
   Code: 301 -> 200 OK
  To do: You should update the link.

***
Just a small item here, and not even sure that it needs fixing. On the
beta site would it be preferable to have the domain search for our cgi,
or the search.html page? Should we continue using them in tandem?
***

Processing	http://beta.linuxfromscratch.org/faq/

***
No error produced with the above because the directory exists, however,
there's no content yet. This is a reminder to add content to the faq.
Which reminds me, do we even have a faq maintainer any more?
***

http://beta.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/downloads/stable/LFS-BOOK-6.0-txt.bz2
Line: 71
   Code: 404 Not Found
  To do: The link is broken. Fix it NOW!

http://beta.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/downloads/stable/LFS-BOOK-6.0-pdf.bz2
Line: 70
   Code: 404 Not Found
  To do: The link is broken. Fix it NOW!

http://beta.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/downloads/stable/blfs-book-6.0-nochunks.html.bz2
Line: 67
   Code: 404 Not Found
  To do: The link is broken. Fix it NOW!

***
Don't have tarballs for the stable released books...
***

http://svn.linuxfromscratch.org/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/initramfs/init.c?root=livecd&view=markup
Line: 113
   Code: 500 read timeout
  To do: This is a server side problem. Check the URI.

***
That Url will be broken now as the init in the livecd has changed, this
is a reminder that that entire page, the livecd/documentation.html,
needs updating
***

http://beta.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/downloads/attachments/	Line: 68
   Code: 404 Not Found
  To do: The link is broken. Fix it NOW!

***
Not even sure about this one. Have asked Tushar about it, am waiting for
a reply. Unless someone else knows what that directory is for.
***

--
JH