r268 - in html/trunk: . scripts

Justin R. Knierim justin at knierim.org
Tue Jun 14 13:46:24 PDT 2005

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> Btw, with this script for the mirrors, is that whole timestamp test
> necessary? I thought that was something rsync did internally...

It does.  I think it was done that way to save a bit of bandwidth/time.
But it is not necessary.  I have been directly rsyncing for a while.  So
you can change it if you like.  Here is mine if you are interested
(Email output and return code)...

------------------------
#!/bin/sh

SITE=linuxfromscratch.org
MODULE=lfs-website
LOCAL=/srv/www/htdocs/lfs
USER=admin@<your domain here>
MAILER=/usr/sbin/sendmail

OUTPUT=`rsync -clprtzv --delete ${SITE}::${MODULE} ${LOCAL}`

# Mail output
(echo "Subject: lfs-matrix.net - LFS HTTP Updated - RC $?"; echo -e
"${OUTPUT}") | ${MAILER} ${USER};