LFS 6.0 PDF should be available WITHOUT bz2 compression

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jun 14 09:08:08 PDT 2005

Archaic wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 11:57:22AM -0400, Jason Gurtz wrote:
> lol. But seriously, if the PDF is compressed for bandwidth savings, then
> perhaps gzip or zip should be used. If bandwidth isn't an issue (and I'm
> sure I've heard Gerard say it isn't) then IMO it shouldn't be
> compressed at all.

Right, and in that principle I agree. Not really so that we're making it
easy for Windows users, but so that we're just avoiding an extra step
for everyone. It's a small enough file, why compress it so that
*everyone* no matter what platform they use will have to take the extra
step of decompressing it?  And, as we're seeing, compressing it raises
the issue of what compression to use.

--
JH