LFS 6.0 PDF should be available WITHOUT bz2 compression

Jason Gurtz jason at tommyk.com
Tue Jun 14 08:57:22 PDT 2005

On 6/14/2005 11:18, Clyde McKenney wrote:

> maintenance and works against attracting them. Is the hassle worth saving
> 351 kb?

IMO, if they are hassled by searching for extremely common windows
utilities like winrar (most intermediate and beyond windows users already
have winrar) then they are in for a whole new world of hassle when they
start playing with Linux.  I don't think it would be necessary to maintain
a link to download anything, just a mention should be more than enough.
Do we really want to attract beginning windows users?

What the hell, disk space is cheap.  Why not have copies of the pdf in
lha, bh, 7z, rar, ace, arc, etc... formats and then everyone will be happy? ;)

~Jason