LFS 6.0 PDF should be available WITHOUT bz2 compression

Clyde McKenney clyde at mckenney.com
Tue Jun 14 08:18:56 PDT 2005

On 6/13/2005 17:57, Jason Gurtz wrote:

> WinRAR (shareware) and 7-Zip (GPL) both support BZ2 compression quite
> seamlessly on windows (not to mention there is a native port of bzip2
for
> the win32 CLI).  I say we just point people to those utilities and be
done
> with it.
>
> ~Jason

OTOH, for most of the audience I addressed, a .PDF file could be
read/printed/saved directly within their browser with a single click. It
also seems easier than pointing people elsewhere, which requires link
maintenance and works against attracting them. Is the hassle worth saving
351 kb?

Clyde McKenney