r222 - html/trunk/hints

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jun 12 16:16:49 PDT 2005

Justin R. Knierim wrote:
> Anderson Lizardo wrote:
>
>> The hints list you get from www is generated dynamically by a script
>> called "genlist.sh" (it's on scripts/trunk/genlist.sh on the www2
>> repos). I've not updated this script to the new www2 layout yet, but
>> it's a simple matter of changing tags on it and adding some top/bottom
>> templates.
>>

> Ah, figured so.  I only copied the whole list into it and just cleaned
> it up a bit.  Any other pages that are generated?  I didn't bother with
> the news pages of course, they are generated as well I believe.

Currently, only svn changelogs, news items and the hints list are
generated dinamically.

>> BTW, how did you convert the e-mail addresses to entities? Manually or
>> using a tool? I plan to implement that on genlist.sh too (currently it
>> prints the e-mails clear).
>>

> I didn't do them manually (my gosh, I would go blind!), I used a website
> to obfuscate them.  I am currently looking on how to make a nice bash
> script out of it though.  If I get anywhere with it, i will let you
> know.  :)

Actually, I made a perl one-liner that does the job:

echo "my_mail at example.org" | perl -pe 's/[^\n]/"\&#".ord($&)."\;"/ge'

But I'm still investigating how to obfuscate only the e-mail addresses
and not the whole "AUTHOR" field.

lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/