r519 - html/trunk/faq

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jul 29 10:51:55 PDT 2005

justin at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:

> [www2] Added link to hardlink faq pointing to a linux gazette article about soft and hard links.  Thanks to Tushar Teredesai for the link.

You beat me to it! :)

> +          <p>For more information explaining the difference between hard and soft links, please take a look at the Q & A article on Linux Gazette here:<br />
> +          <a href="http://www.telenovela-world.com/~spade/linux/lg/105/pitcher.html">http://www.telenovela-world.com/~spade/linux/lg/105/pitcher.html</a></p>

How about:

"For more information explaining the difference between hard and soft
links, please take a look at the Q & A article on Linux Gazette at

As well as the minor wording change, the style of link above should
automatically put the href of the link as the hyperlinked text itself.
It saves a tiny bit of bandwidth, but more importantly means we don't
have to ensure to keep 2 URLs in sync.

Cheers,

Matt.