[Fwd: gcc4 Books piling up]

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jul 28 23:39:29 PDT 2005

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> Anderson Lizardo wrote:
>
>> Fixed (I'll be effective on next cronjob run). It seems some branches
>> got recently renamed, but the render-lfs-book.sh script (specially the
>> "rendering_pattern" variable) was not updated accordingly. I suppose
>> "7.0-multiarch-*" is now the "7.0-cross-lfs-*" branch so I can remove
>> the former?
>

> I would keep multiarch around in case cross-lfs doesn't get accepted for
> mainstream and as an easy reference for the work that has been done on
> some of the other archs. Just my opinion though.

I'd rather we wait until we make a decision on cross-lfs for now.  It
seems to cater for those wanting to build for non-x86 arches, so in the
interests of a) only having to maintain one branch and b) only having to
point folks to one place I'd rather we cull the multi-arch renderings
for now.

Anderson, thanks for sorting this out.  I got confused as to when to
touch the rendering_pattern variable and when not to (I assumed the
table at the bottom was all I needed to alter).

Regards,

Matt.