[update-www] Website update script failed on Wed Jul 13 11:08:34 MDT 2005

jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jul 13 12:38:44 PDT 2005

> On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 11:08:34AM -0600, Anderson Lizardo wrote:
>> Command: /home/lizardo/scripts/update-website-hook.sh
>> /home/svn/repositories/www2 447 update-www
>>
>> svn log --verbose --xml svn://svn.linuxfromscratch.org/www2 2>/dev/null
>> | /home/lizardo/website-repos/scripts/svn2html.pl --with-branchname >
>> logs/www2.html
>> make: *** No rule to make target `feed.rss', needed by `update-www'.
>> Stop.
>>
>> real	0m4.513s
>> user	0m0.300s
>> sys	0m0.060s
>
> I thought the website was getting away from cronjob updating?

It is. However, the site doesn't get updated until the update-website.mk
script is run, which is usually via a post-commit to the website repo.
What happens if there is no commit to the website repo for a long time?
Then specific sub-project items don't get updated, for example, svn logs.
There still needs to be a regular cron job to keep it updated. And this
time the cron jobs aren't a *total* re-rendering of the site, but are
syncs.

--
JH