New Website - Pages TODO

Justin R. Knierim justin at knierim.org
Sun Jul 10 19:08:27 PDT 2005

Anderson Lizardo wrote:

>The main problem I see is that not all translations have online
>versions, and some of them are more than just LFS translations (for
>instance, LFS-ES has an BLFS translation). Some other projects (like

Yes, this I know about.  The blfs read online page
(http://lfs-matrix.net/blfs/read.html) also has a link to these pages.

>LFS-BR and LFS-ES) have localized mailing lists and forums, so IMHO
>listing them just on the "Read online" page does not seem right (in
>other words: a first time reader will not easily discover there are
>translation project pages.)

That makes sense.  Not sure where it belongs on the site though, since
it spans over multiple projects.

>Keep a direct link just to the latest translated version available, and
>a link to where to find earlier versions (maybe the translation
>project's main page [if available] should suffice.)

We already do this.  The lfs read online page
(http://lfs-matrix.net/lfs/read.html) and blfs read online page
(http://lfs-matrix.net/blfs/read.html) each list the website and the
latest 1 or 2 versions.

Justin