SSI for those that don't have access to apache config files

Thomas Pegg thomasp at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jul 9 11:14:40 PDT 2005

In the process of setting up my mirror to handle the new website, I had
one minor problem. On the current host I have the mirror at I do not
have access to the actual apache config files, but I knew my host was
set up to handle SSI. So it boiled down to the XBitHack directive.

The solution I found was to create a .htaccess file in the root of the
directory containing the website files, containing the XBitHack on
directive.

I also had to modify the rsync script to ignore the .htaccess file I
created otherwise it would get erased on every sync.

Hope that is helpful to anyone who might run into the same problem I
had.

--
Thomas
LFS User : 4729 / Linux User : 298329