Website migration

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jul 9 09:11:03 PDT 2005

Folks,

After considering the comments made since your original call for testers
and reviewers, I think it's about time we migrated the website across
from beta.linuxfromscratch.org to www.linuxfromscratch.org.  The
majority of comments were very positive, including things like easier
navigation and more professional/less cluttered design.

While it's clear we haven't pleased everyone 100%, I believe the
remaining issues (e.g. font-size, logo/banner and colours used) can be
fixed relatively quickly, once the requirements have been fully fleshed out.

So, Jeremy and the rest of the website team: can you do what's required
to make this change happen please.  We have a number of mirrors already
configured to handle the SSI stuff, so bandwidth usage shouldn't change
dramatically.

Thanks for everyone's efforts on this!

Regards,

Matt.