the new site

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jul 8 16:41:14 PDT 2005

Archaic wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 04:25:48PM -0700, Justin R. Knierim wrote:
>
>>I would also like to see the beta site be released and put to use soon.
>

> Same here. It would seem that the overwhelming majority are in favor of
> this. I fear we are farting in the wind with the 6.1 release. LWN and
> others will announce that we have updated and new potential LFS'ers will
> come and wee a site that is in disarray. How will that speak of the
> quality of the book?

Indeed - and the current site is in disarray because it's hard to work
with and most of us with time to play with it or edit it would just much
prefer to see beta take over.

I know that some people have misgivings about the proposed site. But
consider: Even with its faults so far most people like the new site
better than the current one. Also, the new site provides a fairly easy
framework to snap in or adjust design as time goes on, if we decide to
do that. To change to beta now will not give us a perfect site, but I'm
confident that it will be perceived by most people as a step up.

--
JH