[RFC] New LFS Website

Miguel Bazdresch lfs-01 at thewizardstower.org
Tue Jul 5 16:10:49 PDT 2005

* Jeremy Huntwork <jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org> [2005-07-05 22:44]:
> David Fix wrote:
> >
> >Hmm...  :)  I think, really, that the logo on the "old" site, with the soft
> >drop-shadows and the way the menu highlights give it the look...  :)  I
> >think that the menu highlights just need a little "3d'ing" to give them
> >that
> >edge.  :)  *shrug*  Perhaps I'm just used to the old one, but I do like the
> >look of it.  :)
>
> David, Sash,
>
> Thanks for the detailed input. While there may yet be design *tweaks* to
>  the site, at this point, major design elements are not likely to
> change.  The real question is, should we implement this new design?
>
> Also, moving this thread to the website list, please reply there.

Very good work :) It's clean, informative, short, and very easy to
navigate. I find the design cheerful and, while lacking the "highly
professional" look of other webistes, it's warmer than most.

I don't like:
    The white background. No big deal, I can use firefox's
preferences or a bookmarklet to override that. I like clear backgrounds
to be more "creamy" than pure white, which I find strainful.
    The search engine. It's highly inaccurate and having to select the
mailing lists is not as useful as one might think. I tend to use google
with a site:l14n keyword instead of the website's search function.

Those are minor quibbles, I think this website is better than the
current version.

--
Miguel Bazdresch (buo at irc)
http://thewizardstower.org/