A few comments on the beta website

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jul 5 12:04:25 PDT 2005

Archaic wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 07:31:49PM +0100, Matthew Burgess wrote:
>
>>Why have a completely separate page, when all that could be said in a
>>paragraph underneath the header?
>

> Because it keeps us from being able to completely forget about it in the
> book and yet the link will *always* be good for all current versions of
> the book (dev, test, pre's, and stable's).

OK, so could the current 'Testing LFS' link also do with an accompanying
'Testing LFS Errata' too (it would of course point to the same page as
the 'Development LFS Errata' link).  Also, was putting the Errata links
above the links to the actual books a conscious decision?  I can see why
they should be that way (you'd want to see any particular gotcha's
*before* reading it), but visitors to that page will have typically gone
there to read *the book*, hence there's an argument to having the link
to the actual book above the link to the errata.

Regards,

Matt.