A few comments on the beta website

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jul 5 11:31:49 PDT 2005

Archaic wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 07:00:00PM +0100, Matthew Burgess wrote:
>
>>http://beta.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/index.html - s/Who's who:/Who's
>>who?/ - we're asking a question, aren't we?
>
> No, this is a valid topic heading, not a question.

Yep, I realise that now, sorry for the noise.

>>http://beta.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/read.html mentions errata for the
>>development version of the book.  This aint gonna happen, not IMO
>>anyway.
>
> Matt, you should follow the link first before you say that.

Why have a completely separate page, when all that could be said in a
paragraph underneath the header?

"As a result of bugs and security warnings, please be sure to read the
errata page for any modifications needed to the LFS build."  could be
changed to:

"Unlike the stable versions of the book, development versions do not
have errata published for them, as they are in a constant state of flux.
  Security fixes and other bugs are fixed by changes to the book itself."

Regards,

Matt.