Smaller lfs-banner

Jan Mattila jan.mattila at helsinki.fi
Tue Jul 5 06:43:31 PDT 2005

Quoting Jeremy Huntwork <jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org>:

> Please visit this new proposed site (follow the link below) and reply to
> the website mailing list with your thoughts or comments. We would like
> to hear from the community as to whether they would like to see this new
> design implemented.
>
> http://beta.linuxfromscratch.org/

I've edited the original lfs-banner by removing all the white right
of "Your Rules." and saving the image as a 8bit PNG with 256 colors.
Looks exactly the same as the original, but is a third of the size.

The new diameters of the banner are 319x58, the size is 6 912 bytes
(the original was 18 106 bytes).

You can download the edited image here:

http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/janmatti/lfs-banner-websize.png

My 2 cents,