Hello and such :)

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jul 1 22:32:30 PDT 2005

On Sat, Jul 02, 2005 at 12:15:56AM -0400, Anderson Lizardo wrote:

> Bruce's SBU measurements?

I don't know if his page is referenced in the LFS book. If so, then it
would be nice to have it somewhere inside www.lfs.org as well.

> Wouldn't it be better to have:
>
> /lfs/errata/6.1/
> /lfs/errata/stable
>
> instead, so we keep each sub-project's data on its own directory?

I don't see a problem with that. It's more up to how you two want to do
it as it isn't a direct part of the book itself but rather an external
link.

> If they are produced by automated build scripts, it seems logical to me
> put them somewhere on the ALFS section. Otherwise, we might need a
> separate section for them. Are these build logs strictly for LFS
> packages? Where they are referenced in the book?

They are not auto generated. They are created specifically by me and
referenced in the book so people can compare testsuite output. This is
to overcome the lack of interest in using a wiki.

> What about creating a "Resources" subsection for the projects that
> reference external LFS-related information? E.g. for LFS, we would have:
>
> /lfs/resources/build-logs/
> /lfs/resources/sbu-timings/

That sounds more like a user contrib area which isn't what was intended.

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hlfs