Hello and such :)

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jul 1 18:41:51 PDT 2005

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 08:27:04PM -0400, Anderson Lizardo wrote:

> Regarding the website: we are working on a new website layout (and
> infrastructure) which we plan to present together with the LFS 6.1
> announcement for public review.

Speaking of which, can it roll out prior to 6.1 so any missed problems
can be handled *before* the release?

> The work on it is being done on www2. The new site is very stable now,
> it's just missing some content from our current site.

And errata structure has been put into the book but is still lacking a
home on http. Along with that, Matt wanted to try to move everything
in the book that is linked to a homedir to the main site. Currently,
this includes the livecd page (done in new site), build logs (not done),
and matt's package page (perhaps this link shoud just be removed due to
the age of the material in the link). I may have missed something.

As for errata, after talking with Matt, the idea of a
/errata/<project>/<book-version> structure came out. So for now, we
would need:

/errata/lfs/6.1/
/errata/lfs/stable   -> /errata/lfs/6.1/
/errata/lfs/svn/
/errata/lfs/testing  -> /errata/lfs/svn/
/errata/lfs/6.1-pre1 -> /errata/lfs/svn/

I already sent some sample html that is sitting in the archives
(http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/website/2005-June/005075.html)

Pre-releases should also be added to svn which means my sample svn html
will need a slight tweek.

-<h1>Errata for Testing and SVN Versions of LFS</h1>
-   and <a href="http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/">SVN</a>
-   versions of the LFS books are in a constant state of development and have

+<h1>Errata for Testing, Development, and Pre-Release Versions of LFS</h1>
+   , <a href="http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/">Development</a>
+   , and Pre-Release versions of the LFS books are in a constant state of development
+   and have

As for build logs, I have no idea where those would be best place. They
are currently sitting in my homedir.

Hope this helps.

--
Archaic