r963 - html/trunk

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Feb 23 17:19:04 PST 2005

On Monday 21 February 2005 19:52, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> On February 21, 2005 02:35 pm, gerard at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
> > Log:
> > Added hlfs-book and livecd. Put lfs-dev in proper alphabetical location.
>
> See my question just posted regarding the search engine and mailinglists.
> It looks like the ids used in search.html have to match the order in which
> the lists appear in the "mailinglists" file too?

I think yes. In fact, search.html is similar to
http://search.linuxfromscratch.org/index.cgi, which is generated on-the fly.
If you want, I can move the content of search.html to the swish-e template
(html/trunk/templates/swish.tmpl), remove search.html (or make it a redirect
to http://search.linuxfromscratch.org) and re-enable
http://search.linuxfromscratch.org/ so we don't need to update this file
manually (updating the mailinglists file would still be needed, though).

AFAIR, Jeroen disabled search.linuxfromscratch.org and moved it to search.html
(which has relative URLs) so users would be "forced" to stay in the mirror
they were using before entering the search page. But with a RR-DNS setup (to
which I think we should move ASAP) this would not be a problem.

> It looks like it has to match .swishcgi.conf:
>

>     select_indexes  => {
>         method => 'checkbox_group',
>         columns => 3,
>         labels => [ 'lfs-dev', 'alfs-discuss', 'alfs-log', 'blfs-book',
> 'blfs-dev', 'blfs-support', 'faq', 'hints', 'hlfs-de
> v', 'lfs-book', 'lfs-chat', 'lfs-hackers', 'lfs-security', 'lfs-support',
> 'lfs-traducfr', 'patches', 'website' ],
>
> Is that correct?

BTW, currently .swishcgi.conf is modified automatically (using mailinglists
content) when update-search-engine.sh runs, so you don't need to update this
file manually. This setup is a bit fragile though; I have some ideas to make
it more robust.

PS: Do I have permissions to add items to the "System Admin" bugzilla?
lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org