some updates to make

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Feb 18 15:09:30 PST 2005

Hi guys,

Update to becomemirror.html:

Remove the bit where we'll assign time slots to rsync. That isn't working out
well from a maintenance point of view. Rewrite it and tell people to randomly
select the intervals to sync the website. Still twice an hour. That will
hopefully work out better.

Some new mirrors to add:

The location of the server: Belgium, Vilvoorde
The hostname and/or IP address to access the mirror: ftp.scarlet.be
(193.74.22.160)
The available upload bandwidth for your server: 1Gbps
How long you need to bring the mirror online: it's already in sync at this
time

Location:  Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Hostname:  lfs-matrix.net (IP 209.172.44.8)
Bandwidth:  10mbit unmetered

The mirror is already running and I copied an initial copy of the lfs
site from my other mirror.

The LFS FTP structure is also copied there, so could someone please list
it on the packages page:

ftp://ftp.lfs-matrix.net/pub/lfs/lfs-packages

And for Jeremy Huntwork's livecd, could someone please list it there also:

ftp://ftp.lfs-matrix.net/pub/lfs-livecd

Location:       Japan/Shizuoka
Hostname:       lfs.mirror.shizu-net.jp
Bandwidth:      100Mbps