Automatic website backup

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Feb 13 15:33:11 PST 2005

Jeremy Utley wrote:
> For the job we were trying to do (ease restoration after one of the
> scripts went awry), rsync wasn't the right solution, since it might have
> been possible to rsync the empty tree.

That's why I mentioned timestamping the tarball names.  That way you
keep, say, 10 tarballs around, and only the last one or two would have
an empty tree.  The main issue I have though is why someone feels it
necessary to have a script that removes stuff from the website anyway,
but then I never did look at the website generation scripts.

Matt.