Automatic website backup

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Sun Feb 13 15:17:53 PST 2005

Anderson Lizardo wrote:

>I think it's nice to have both :). A site-wide backup allows us to store it
>outside belgarath and restore it quickly when necessary. I remember Jeremy
>Utley discussing with one of the FTP admins the possibility of having
>automatic backups uploaded to one of the FTP mirrors so they can be easily
>restored. Not sure if such thing was enabled though.

I had experimented with, and actually had a script set up that would
back up the website to my server, however, I determined that the
bandwidth utilization would have been too much for ninja to handle.
Justin K also offered his server to hold an off-site backup, and I'm
sure Bruce/Randy/Igor could handle it with anduin as well.

-J-