Beta website

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Feb 13 10:28:26 PST 2005

Anderson et al,

http://beta.linuxfromscratch.org/ now has the stuff that myself and
Jeremy Huntwork have been working on.  It's basically serving a working
copy of the 'www2' repository available on belgarath.  IIUC this will be
changed slightly, so the working copy is actually stored elsewhere, and
then just the necessary bits 'rsync'ed over to the
beta.linuxfromscratch.org directory.

So, the post-commit hook on the www2 directory will need to do the
following:

1) cd into the 'www2' working copy && 'svn update'
2) rsync www2 working copy into the
/home/httpd/beta.linuxfromscratch.org/ directory
3) email website@

Aside from the obvious lack of content, there are some things listed in
http://beta.linuxfromscratch.org/TODO that need looking at.  In
particular, the render-*-book.sh scripts will need to render into the
www2 working copy, then perform an 'svn commit' to save the changes into
the website repo.  This way, if something does come along and wipe the
website out, we can just re-checkout the www2 repository and it's all
there immediately - no need to remember which branches of which books
need to be regenerated.

There's a 'scripts' directory in the www2 repo.  I'd like it if all the
render* scripts and the post-commit script can be put in there, so we
can keep track of changes to them.  Obviously this needn't be served out
by Apache, so the rsync command will have to have it added to its ignore
list.

Regards,

Matt.