Side menus on the site

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Aug 22 12:01:24 PDT 2005

Matthew Burgess wrote:
> That structure screams of fold-out menus.  I don't think we have much
> (if any) JavaScript, and am keen to avoid it if at all possible.  I
> believe one can have multi-level menus using just CSS.  This *may* avoid
> the clutter (at least vertical) you are concerned about.

That's not quite what I meant either, though I realized after I sent that
message that it might be interpreted that way. Though it is certainly an
option, what I had meant by the outline was that we have each sub-project
broken down already to the first level.  The second level is the left-hand
menu with other main divisions, and finally, on each page linked by the
left-hand menu we have headings and divisions, third and fourth levels and
so on (and/or subpages of that 'section' that is originally linked by the
left menu).

--
JH