RSS and News

Justin R. Knierim justin at knierim.org
Sat Aug 6 18:58:17 PDT 2005

Anderson Lizardo wrote:

>They are generated automatically from the news.html files. Each project
>has its own RSS feed:
>
>/lfs/feed.rss (LFS RSS feed)
>/blfs/feed.rss (BLFS RSS feed)
>
>and so on. There is also a news feed for general, LFS-wide news (/feed.rss).

Sounds good.  :)  I will think about where to add the link.

>I was thinking about having separate "general news" and
>"project-specific news" sections on each subproject's news.html, just
>like the old site. "general news" would be SSI included from /news.html
>(which should not SSI include anything, just have the news items) and
>there should be no links pointing directly to /news.html. So if someone
>goes to e.g. /lfs/news.html, he/she can read both the general news (e.g.
>LFS-wide or server problems news items).

Ohhh, I see.  That sounds good also.  I assumed (falsely) that when you
said separate them with SSI, that instead of typing them twice we would
SSI them into general and project-specific news.  That makes more
sense.  Sorry for the confusion.  I will see how we can add the
/news.html with SSI to the other news items.

Thanks for clarifying.

Justin