RR-DNS setup for LFS mirrors

Justin R. Knierim justin at knierim.org
Sat Aug 6 15:17:09 PDT 2005

Anderson Lizardo wrote:

>Good point. I remember Jeroen investigating a solution similar to
>http://www.php.net/mirrors.php, where there is a static mirrors list,
>but a "best guess" mirror is presented to the user. What do you guys
>think about this feature? Would it be a nice addition to our site?

How does the best guess feature work?  (I didn't see a link to source
code on that php page)  By the users hostname?  We then also must think
about the mirrors, and if we want php, cgi, <insert langauge to do it
in> also as a prerequisite.  If we could get this to work with the
minimum of new mirror requirements, that would be great.  :)

Justin