RR-DNS setup for LFS mirrors

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Aug 6 14:13:19 PDT 2005

Justin R. Knierim wrote:
>> Log:
>> Added mirror page to submenus until we figure out a better mirror
>> method.  Added LFS Bugzilla link to LFS submenu.
>>
> I played around with other ideas, like having the mirrors link up in the
> top menu, floating left, etc, and Jeremy and I thought it didn't look so
> great.  So just for simplicities sake, for now I added a website mirror
> link to each menu.  If you want to change the position or want to do
> anything with rr-dns, feel free to revert it.

Thanks for this Justin. IMHO your changes give us more time to think
about what would be the definitive mirroring solution (RR-DNS or a
static list of mirrors to choose from). Currently, I have no experience
with setting up RR-DNS so I cannot comment too much on this option. I'll
read more about it before commenting :)

lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/