r533 - html/trunk/lfs/errata/6.1

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Aug 5 13:55:10 PDT 2005

On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 11:14:46PM +0100, Matthew Burgess wrote:

> I'm too knackered to think of some different wording, but the first of
> your given meanings is what I intended to get across.

How about:

We advise upgrading to Perl-5.8.7 which will fix the first three
vulnerabilities. The fourth vulnerability is considered low-risk and
mainly affects the scripts in the test suite. An unofficial patch exists
for those who may want to apply it.

Then href the "unofficial patch" with
http://www.kenmoffat.uklinux.net/patches/perl-5.8.7-safe_tmpfiles.patch.bz2

--