CSS selectors in web pages

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Sep 22 04:26:54 PDT 2004

Nico R. said the following on 20-09-2004 15:20:

> Please test the new version extensively and in different browsers,
> because my testing possibilities on this system are currently a bit too
> limited. I stumbled across one annoyance when loading a page for the
> first time, but this seemed to be a browser bug to me, and I could not
> safely reproduce it.
>
> Try changing a few style sheets and keep an eye on the style selector.
> It should change automagically.
>
> Would be nice if you could also test with different numbers of style
> sheets, e.g. 0, 1, 2, 3, >3. I didn't have the time to do so...

Very nice! I've tested it and it works in Mozilla, Safari and Opera. It
doesn't work in IE6 though, which is actually the only browser who
benefits from the styleswitcher! :-)

Also, there are still some small bugs left:
- it seems that if no cookie exists (eg. on first page load, like you
mentioned above), no style gets displayed. This happened to me in
various browsers (IE, Mozilla, Safari), so it's not a browser bug. It
should use the style with rel="stylesheet" or the one with no title.
- the generated markup doesn't seem to be complete. I'm not sure, but it
you adjust the script so it closes the tags?
- the stylesheet which is in use doesn't get displayed in the generated
markup. Is it possible to make this optional in the javascript?

Thanks again!

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans