Current website issues

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Sep 18 06:56:22 PDT 2004

Jeroen Coumans wrote:

> ALFS pages:
> -----------
> * alfs/news.html: it seems like this page needs to be moved from CVS to
> SVN commit log tracking. Also, the order is old->new, while it should be
> new->old. Anderson?

It is reporting SVN commit log entries, but it is reporting the oldest
ones, not the newest ones.

> * Roadmap: can the Wiki roadmap be incorporated in the site?

Probably, but we were waiting for the website to become a CMS before
trying to incorporate any more content.

> * Download/Current SVN: the tarball dates from 6 September and thus
> seems to be out-of-date. Or does the tarball only get generated if there
> are code changes?

belgarath does not seem to be running my personal cron job that updates
these tarballs; when I run it manually it completes without errors, and
it's still listed in my personal crontab. I'm not receiving any email
about problems from fcron, but it's not being run daily as it should be.

> * Download/Profiles and All Guides: idem.

The profile tarballs are generated by the same cron job. The guides are
generated manually when needed.