Official package mirror usage

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Sep 7 10:06:29 PDT 2004

On Monday 06 September 2004 10:50, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> We now have an official package mirror again (ftp.linuxfromscratch.org).
> Are the arrangements with this site such that I can point the ALFS
> profile's "wget script" at this site for all packages, or should we
> continue to try to pull the packages from their nominal "official"
> locations?

Well, even if you guys decide to do this, I think it's still a good idea to
have a wget file with the official download locations, that's where we can
have two different wget files Kevin ;). Of course, this should be noted on
the website as I see some people are using the wget file from the website to
get the files for nALFS (which does not work because some files are bzip2'ed
on one and gzip'ed on other).

lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org