Official package mirror usage

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Mon Sep 6 08:34:02 PDT 2004

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> We now have an official package mirror again
> (ftp.linuxfromscratch.org). Are the arrangements with this site such
> that I can point the ALFS profile's "wget script" at this site for all
> packages, or should we continue to try to pull the packages from their
> nominal "official" locations?
>
> If the LFS official package mirror can bear this load, then managing
> the wget scripts gets much easier :-)

The packages mirror is RR-DNS'd, currently between 2 servers, but will
add more as information is provided to me about additional servers.  I'd
*think* they should be able to handle the load without difficulty - both
have pretty fat pipes.

I'm cross-posting this to LFS-Admin - Justin, Tim, in your opinion, can
you guys bear this load?

-J-